Our croad langshans have been laying for a bit over a week now and I decided to give the makeshift incubator a crack. I noticed the General doing his thing so am hopeful that the eggs are fertilised. I’ll know for sure mid this week, when I’ll candle the eggs to see if there has been any embryo devlopment. The incubator is a temperature regulator box, hooked up to a heat sorce (light bulb) which is in a wine cooler. We have used it before successfuly so hopefully this time will be no different. There are 5 langshan eggs and 1 silke egg in the incubartor. You can see the size difference in eggs!
I also finally cleaned out the shed! Now I know where all my tools are and also found 4 pairs of safety glasses! They have now been placed with the tools that need them and hopefully don’t get lost! What better way to celebrate a clean shed by making it messy again! Well at least it is messy due to completing a project, rather than just being messy due to nothing! I am building a mini greenhouse to get our seedlings kick started for the upcoming season. It is big enough to allow seedlings get to a good size and hopefully big enough to start a good amount of seedlings during the colder weather. Once things warm up I won’t need to use it as much, and will put a shade cloth over it to help protect young seedlings from getting burnt.
It was a beautiful sunny day today (the first in a long time!) and the boys enjoyed playing in the mud 🙂 As the days sloooooowly get longer and the weather begins to warm up (slightly), I have to say that I am looking forward to the coming of Spring!